Thursday 7 November 2013

Blogger 101



1. Why name your blog ASTRAEA INTELIGENTE

Been fascinated with Greek Mythology since time immemorial (chos!) and when I saw the name Astraea (means Star-Maiden) I knew this is it. I have to name my blog like this. But then, it's so short so naghanap pa ako ng ibang pangalan pero walang nagmatch then all of a sudden, Inteligente came to my mind and here it is. Astraea Inteligente was born. XDD

2. Why make a blog?

Sunod sa uso I guess. Well, that was one of the reason that motivates me to make one. I spent most of my time learning how to blog, design, personalized and then it all started. Actually, I've been giving it a thought last year, pero ngayong taon lang na-push and so this year lang din nag-start ang mga blog entries. Mostly random stuffs, thoughts, and the so-called trying-hard book reviews. 


FAVES

GENRE
I'm such a sucker for PARANORMAL ROMANCE. ~ 

HISTORICAL
Haven't really read many historical romances but lately I've been hooked to Lisa Kleypas. She's awesome and I love all the books I've read from her. THE DEVIL IN WINTER is my best fave so far.

PARANORMAL
Ugh. This is hard. Soo HARD. I can't seem to choose. Hmm... (after 34 years) .... Still can't choose. (another 23 years). Do I really have to choose 1? Can I just choose them all? Haha. As of now, my fave is WICKED DEEDS ON A WINTER NIGHT by Kresley Cole. I super love werewolves.

CONTEMPORARY
ON DUBLIN STREET is my top fave contemporary romance book. I just can't have enough of Braden!

NEW ADULT
BROKEN series by Kimberly Lauren. Riley Twins. FTW.

Added:   THE HOOK-UP by Kristen Callihan. This book is just awesome. Can't wait for book 2. x

WESTERN
Waaa. May nabasa na ba akong ganito? Hmm. (think-think) How about ALWAYS ON MY MIND by Bella Andre. Counted ba 'yong taga-rancho ang lalake and is living in west Cal? Haha. Cheating. Oh I remember my fave- DUNCAN'S BRIDE by Linda Howard. I super love it. Gideon Reese Duncan. Oh my. Another one is- SADDLED AND SPURRED by Lorelei James. Oh my BRAN. He's a cattleman and a freakin' hot-as-the-sun cowboy. Oh yeah. x

Added: MAVERICK MONTANA by Rebecca Zanetti. 

GUILTY PLEASURE
LINE OF DUTY series and all of Tessa Bailey's works. Past. Present. Future. She's just sooo good I'm gonna die. Smut in it's finest.

SERIALS
REASONABLE DOUBT series by Whitney Gracia Williams. FLY Andrew Hamilton.

ROCKSTARS
SINNERS ON TOUR by Olivia Cunning, STORM series by Samantha Towle.

Added: PLAY by Kylie Scott. Mal Erickson is just so damn irresistible. ROCK series by Nalini Singh esp. the novella- ROCK COURTSHIP. Hottest memo ever. 

TEAR-JERKER
BAD MOON RISING- 'yan ang latest na nagpangawa sa akin. The feels. The death. The love.  

Added: THE QUEEN OF ZOMBIE HEARTS by Gena Showalter. This book made me UGLY CRY. HARD. The death of Kat Parker is just... too... fucking... much. Damn you, Gena! I feel for Frosty. I mourn with him. The other part of my heart died with him. *wipes tears* See? 

PARANORMAL SERIES
IMMORTALS AFTER DARK by Tita Kresley Cole and close second will be LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD by Mama Gena Showalter and PSY CHANGELING by Tita Nalini Singh.

HISTORICAL ROMANCES SERIES
THE WALLFLOWERS by Lisa Kleypas. 'Yan ang una kong historical romance series na nabasa and I love it. 

Added: LORDS OF VICE by Alexandra Hawkins. I dig this series. Big Time. 

FANTASY SERIES
GUILD HUNTER by Nalini Singh. Altho PNR siya, but still it's classified as Fantasy series right? I just love RAPHAEL and his SEVEN plus his LEGION and of course, ME errr ELENA.

YOUNG ADULT SERIES
 LUX series by JLA and ARCANA CHRONICLES by Kresley Cole. Again they are under PNR but what can I do? I'm addicted to that genre, altho it's a first for me to have liked YA.

Added: WHITE RABBIT CHRONICLES by Gena Showalter and SEA BREEZE series by Abbi Glines. 

ROMANTIC SUSPENSE SERIES
I-TEAM series by Pamela Clare, FBI/US ATTORNEY series by Julie James, and BAD AGENCY by Sherrilyn Kenyon.



ROMANTIC-COMEDY SERIES

NEIGHBOR FROM HELL by R.L.Matthewson. It's not my all-time fave but I did enjoy and laugh a lot while reading it. Another one is LOVE AT STAKE by Kerrelyn Sparks, although it's PNR but I really really find it funny. Not that the characters are comedy-like but the humor is very very prominent in all the books of the series. Consistent. Thumbs-up to Miss Sparks. x

HERO
Again? Ugh. I can't choose. Major dilemma itoooo. But If I have to choose it would be TREY COLEMAN of FERAL SINS. I really really effin' love this werewolf-shifter. Read it and see. 

Latest: The one and only part human, part supermodel son of Satan- REYES ALEXANDER FARROW from CHARLEY DAVIDSON series by Darynda Jones. I love love love love RAF to the moon and back. 

HEROINE
ELLIE ANN PIERCE of LOTHAIRE. Oh man, she really kicked Lothaire's ass literally. Haha. Love her. Another one (lemme just add 1) is TARYN WARNER of FERAL SINS. I super super love her as much as I love TREY.

STORY LINES | PLOT TWISTS | THINGS I FALL FOR

Destined mates (esp. in PNR books), mistaken or secret identity, tortured billionaire hero (cliche I know), alpha-all-the-way, rockstars

PET PEEVES | GUARANTEED TURN-OFFS

Adultery. Pugh. Shifting of POV (a little), love triangles (can't stand it, esp. if the heroine's not worth it) and also if the heroine is torn between two guys or she has feelings for the both of them. WTH. Her love is for the hero alone. Period. 

BIGGEST GLOOM EVER
ARGENEAU/ROGUE HUNTER | LOTU | IAD | I did not stop or read another book in between while am at reading the whole series.

OFTEN RE-READ
FERAL SINS. Read it more than 20 times already and I am still itching to re-read it.

AUDIOBOOK
I'm a newbie to this one. So far I love all of Robert Petkoff's narration esp. on  WICKED DEEDS ON A WINTER NIGHT. Darn. That man can seriously read. With those panty-melting voice. Haist. I'm in love. x

ALL-TIME-FAVE (pick one)
FERAL SINS all the way. 
 

0 comments: