Monday 16 September 2013

How Not To Be Seduced By Billionaires Trilogy: Review



BOOK NAME:  Chased, Courted, Caged
AUTHOR:  Marian Tee
RELEASE DATE:   2013
MAIN CHARACTERS:  Constantijin Kastein, Yanna Everleigh
GENRE:  Contemporary, Erotica
RATING:  ★★★★✰  stars

BLURB:  

My name is Yanna Everleigh. I used to think that being an old-fashioned virgin would be enough to keep gorgeous, sexy billionaires away - well, at least the kind who didn't do love at least. But I was wrong. If anything, it simply made my billionaire want me even more.

His name is Constantijin Kastein. He blows hot and cold, arrogant and cynical one moment and then disarmingly sweet the next. He makes me forget all about waiting for true love and just go for mind-blowingly hot sex. But he's also Netherlands' #1 playboy, and I'm my own worst enemy. I must be on my guard.

Maybe if I play hard to get and pretend that my heart doesn't beat madly every time I see him - pretend that my body doesn't go weak when he's close - maybe he'll finally stop trying to seduce me.

Or not.



 INITIAL THOUGHTS

At first I was hesitant to try reading MT's works, have seen her books being recommended by well-known Filipino writers, from the blogs I follow and even my co-contributor and officers in DP.  But today, I just felt the urge to check her books. I don't know why but I just went with my undeniable instinct. Glad I did. Haha. So I logged in to GR and check each blurb. Even though I am into PNR-reads and she have some of it, my attention was hooked to her Trilogy. Maybe it was the hot guy on the cover or the title but I felt drawn to it. So I check it out. Read its blurb and reviews. The synopsis was a little cliche but hence the word NOT was in the title I felt like there was more to it that meets the eye and I was sooo not wrong. xx

THE STORY:

 It's about a 24-year old virgin who is late in her job interview, sits beside the guy who she's mistaken as another applicant but he happened to be the boss and was just waiting for her (the last applicant to start the interview). She immediately falls in lust  for the first time in her life. He on the other did not try to hide his interest in her. During the interview, something HOT happened and both of them are on it. Being a virgin, Yanna was confused as to how to handle all her sexual urges roaring to life upon knowing Constantijin Kastein- the hot Netherland's #1 playboy. She's been hired and their hot-steamy romance began. xx

CONSTANTIJIN KASTEIN

The hot CEO, billionaire and Netherland's #1 playboy. Haha. I bet you're now getting the picture? Yep. He's totally that. I can't say I totally fall for him at first sight err rather at first read or even the first description but he sure wormed his way to my poor-poor-poor heart. XD
He's your typical H, dominating, possessive, all-alpha. I can't really well-described what makes him stand-out from the heroes I've read and loved but I sure as heck did like him as he is. Deep down inside, I knew he has a lot to offer to the reader than just sex-on-legs. Haha. Did I makes sense? Oh well. :P

PS. He's gray-eyed so I definitely dig him. Haha. x

YANNA EVERLEIGH

The heroine I like/love. Haha. Her job? Amazing. Her being a virgin at 24? Wow. Her being totally naive? Super Wow. Her being inexperienced-sexually? I love. Her whole character? Major love. XD
It as during the 3rd book I guess that really her character made a big big big big impact to me. x

MY REVIEW:

The first two books was sooooo effinly short, fast-paced yet SEXY and STEAMY at the same time. I'm glad the 3rd book is a little too long. I can't seem to imagine it soo short, again. I totally fell for the whole story. I was sucked into a world where my only goal was to get to the end and fast. Hooked starting from the first chapter of book 1 up to the last of book 3. Haha. That's why I finished it in just a day. Imagine? I knew you can imagine that. :P I can't just bring myself to stop and read the next book later or tomorrow. I need to read all three today and fast and so I did. The whole time I spend in front of my e-reader was so worth it. Even tho the plot is a little cliche, billionaire falls for his employee, it did not made me stop reading it. The story itself is a page-turner. <3

After reading the cliffy book 1, I immediately proceed to book 2, then another cliffy happened, and I felt so itchy to get to the ending and to see what's the conflict of the story. It did not disappoint me. Although I kind-of anticipated the twist, but I sooo love how MT get to do it with style. It did not bore me to go to each fast-paced scenes. I painstakingly wait as each of it unfolds and see how will the H/h handles it. Yay. Thumbs up. I even felt my eyes wet a lil in book 3. This particular scene where C is begging Y to stay and give him a chance then knelt, (deja vu'). I remember my FIFTY (CHRISTIAN GREY) in a totally different package. Haha. Love that scene. x

Plus every time the H had his English twisted because he's aroused or felt too much emotion? I LOVED IT. Haha. Makes me think he really really really liked/ loved the heroine too much even if he doesn't recognized it. xx

The characters? They're soo okay. I love how they developed and even become more lovable as the story progresses. But I did find Drake annoying at first. Haha. Him, always being there when Yanna seems to need help, felt like a stalker to me.Rawr. Glad he was not. Phew. Oh wait, I like his previous job. Eeeeh. I hope he'll have his own Romantic-Suspense type of story. XD

Major plus for me was ALYX, I so love that girl. She's just not your usual girl-friend.. she's more. And she made me smile with her little lines. Haha. I hope she'll have a story of her own. Looking forward to it.

Need I say moreee? Just fuckin' READ it ASAP. x



MEMORABLE LINES:

"If there’s even the smallest drop of love for me inside you, if you at least do not want me to fucking die…let me think I have a fucking reason to wait." - C

"Make me your Fix-It-Guy." - C

And the scene where he knelt and beg for the heroine to stay even if he's going to be just the second guy she dates. WTF. I loved it. x    

BOTTOM LINE: 

All in all, from book 1-3 I like it. I definitely recommend this trilogy. If you're looking a new read, a sexy-short-steamy read then this one's perfect for you. x

BONUS: 

The writer is a true-blue FILIPINA who makes it into international market. Yay. So proud of her. I hope she'll make it to NYT. x 














0 comments:

Post a Comment