Wednesday 11 September 2013

Audiobook ♫


AUDIOBOOKS ~

Seems familiar? Yeah. It's what you're thinking what it is. Haha. 

It was last year when I first got curious as to what an audiobook is. I did not really want want to try it at first but the recs from audiobook listeners on twitter convinced me to try it. So I went with Sinners On Tour by OC since I am reading and loving that series at that time. I think the narrator was Jill. She's awesome. I've listened to Backstage Pass and Rock Hard and did enjoy it. So much. It was a lil different or rather felt different listening to it rather than reading the book. But after I'm done with the first 2 books of Sinners I stopped and go back to reading. I did not think that one day I would become addicted to it again. It happened early this year. As you all know (assuming you all know what I'm talking about :P) I;m into PNR reads, so after I'm done with the whole IAD series by Tita Kresley, I got this post-withdrawal-book-syndrome. What the heck is that? Haha. I did not get over (rather I don't what to get over) from the whole series. I keep on re-reading each book from time to time until a new installment comes out. LOL. I'm that addicted to this particular series. My addiction of audiobook came right after I've stumbled upon a blog, wherein the reviewers are interviewed and part of the question was about audiobooks. The all have the same answer when asked who's the best. Robert Petkoff. Narrator of the infamous IAD series of KC. As in OMG. I got hyped-up. Really? Yes. Really. Haha. So I goggled him to see if it's true. After verifying it from Simon & Schuster I sign up to audible.com and read all those amazing reviews about his narrations and it builds up my excitement all the more. So I did not waste time, I downloaded one. A Hunger Like No Other since the MacRieves are my favorite Loreans in the series. 
Opening line and WOW. Amazing. Super. I am hooked. His voice? Hot damn. I love it. It was panty-melting. The accent? Gods, it was perfect. Need I say more? Haha. Totally fan-girling over him eeer his voice. After listening to Lachlain I then declared myself as Petkoff fanatic. Oa much but it's true. I've listened to all of his IAD narrations, glad he's the only one contracted to narrate the whole series. I can't imagine anyone's voice but him. xx

Every night, I'm playing his narrations over and over again. Especially Bowen, Lothaire and Lachlain's story. Haha. Super addicted to it. I'm using it as my sleeping pill. It's so damn effective. Sleeping soundly every night with a smile on my lips. <3

You should try listening to one. Not really Petkoff but of your own choice. Maybe you'll like it. xx

Ciao. ~






0 comments:

Post a Comment