Saturday 28 September 2013

Bad Things: Review


BOOK NAME:  Bad Things ( Tristan and Danika #1)
AUTHOR:  R.K.Lilley
RELEASE DATE:   June 11, 2013
MAIN CHARACTERS:  Tristan Vega, Danika
GENRE:  Contemporary, Erotica, NA
MY RATING:  ★★★✰✰ stars

BLURB: 

Danika hasn’t had an easy life. Being insanely attracted to bad boys has never helped make it easier.

One look at Tristan, and every brain cell she possessed went up in smoke. This man was trouble with a capital T. It was a given.
She knew better. Bad boys were bad. Especially for her. Considering her history, it was crazy to think otherwise. So why did crazy have to feel so damn fine?

For as long as she could remember, Danika had been focused on the future with single-minded purpose. Tristan came along and taught her everything there was to know about letting go, and living in the present. She fell, hard and deep. Of course, that only made her impact with the ground that much more devastating.

Bad Things is about Tristan and Danika, and their train wreck of a love story. This series can be read as a standalone, or with the Up in the Air series.

Bad Things is a full length novel, at roughly 105,000 words.
This book is intended for ages 18 and up.




INITIAL THOUGHTS:   

I've been a fan of Lilley since I've read her Up In The Air Tri so when I saw she's going to have another book  which is to be released (way back May) I immediately put it on my TBR list  and patiently waited. So when the time comes that this book- Bad Things is out in the market I immediately grab a copy but I can't force myself to read it. I don't know why I didn't even bother with it. I mean I like the author, I've been waiting for it, title's good and I even love the cover. So there's no really reason why I shouldn't and yet I wouldn't. Weird tho. Haha.Maybe it's partly because the blurb didn't stir any excitement and it certainly didn't piqued my interest so I just let it be. So this book has been settling on my reader for quite some time now. But the other, I got re-acquainted with an old friend and she happens to mention this book as part of our book-geek-talk. She's blabbing and talking about T as if she can't get enough of him so I raised my perfectly-shaped eyebrow. (don't mind me I'm a big-skinny-liar) Based from her musings, ramblings, gushings, etc. I felt kind-a excited or rather my book antenna raised a tad higher so I secretly (don't want her to know I'm reading this book because of her. HAHA) started reading this. And so the the apocalypse err the story began. *sigh* 

TRISTAN VEGA

He's drool-worthy, sexy-as-sin, sexually experienced and can make you squirm and blush in a second with his charm-ish ass. Typical bad-boy, tattoed, member of the band- a vocal (this came as a surprise for me), can cook ( can I take him home?), trouble with a capital T, a lil alcoholic, and most of all a man-whore (this I despise in him)

DANIKA

She's fantastic. I like her. Beautiful, sexy, sassy and witty. A potent combination. She's a strong willed woman who suffered so much in her life even at a young age. She always go for the bad guys but lately she's not diving into a relationship with one. He had an asshole of an ex who keeps on pestering her as if he's worthy My ass. x

MY REVIEW:

I knew there's a reason why I listened to my instinct and did not give a go at this one. The plot. Friends-Lovers plot. I hate it. Never really liked it. But I shrugged it off and even knowing what the set-up will be I still give it a go. Surprisingly, I did enjoy it.. a lil..up until the break-up happened. I like the MCs undeniable chemistry, their sarcastic banters, and even the sexual tension brewing in each and every scene. Tristan is such a sigh-worthy hero, kind of perfect bad-boy kind-of hero minus his drinking addiction and his man-whoreness. I liked him. Even loved him from the first chap and I thought it would last until the end  but sad to say it ended during the break-up part. Hated him since then. You might be wondering what he did? Well, I am such a spoiler so I'll spill the beans. He cheated, well, not really cheating since they're not a couple in the first place, but nevertheless, he's gone wild and screwing every bitch in town. Doing that just because Danika told him she had feelings for him... that she loves him.. And so being a commitment probe, he didn't know what to do, what to react, and the only option his pea-brained head came up was to withdraw, get drown with booze and screwing every bimbo available. Ugh. A big deal-breaker for me. So my love for him INSTA-vanished. Puff like the magic dragon. From that point on I lose my interest and just continue reading the story to see where it ends. The sex was good tho, T knows how to make a girl orgasm and use his magic hands. He can even do things that can make a prostitute blush. 

 I like Danika tho. I admired her. I think she's the one holding me up until the end because much as I loved T with his cooking and sexual prowess, he break it off when he acted like a deuce. Oh may I add that the sex was holding me up too. I did enjoy their great time together. Esp. the raining-car-hood sex make-up scene. 

"I'm going to fuck you hard on the hood of this car, in the pouring rain. And. You. Are. Not. Going. To. Forget. It." - Tristan

And oh, when T writes THE FRIENDS DON'T LIST. It was funny and sexy. Haha. The agony. The teasing. Rawr. 

I also like the minor characters. Jared is a sweetie minus his pot problem. Frankie's hilarious as usual. James Cavendish. My my. He's soo yummy I wanna take a bite at him. even tho it's just glimpses of him I still love him. Haha. Maybe because I already read his book and love it. The dogs with their unique out of this world names are soo cool. Even love the scene where Coffeecup murders the chickens. HAHA. Plus it ended up wet, hot and sweaty. Makes me wonder what happened to the threat of the chicken's owner.


MEMORABLE LINES:

"I want you so badly that I'd do just about anything to have you. The only thing I won't do though, is risk losing you. Can you promise me that if we do this, I won't lose you?" - T

I’d found my new favorite hobby—watching Tristan cook anything at all. - D

BOTTOMLINE:

All in all, it's an okay read. Although I can't say I'm looking forward to more of Tristan and his asshole-ish-ness. Can't imagine a twist that'd make me interested... and I hate it if it will be a Love Triangle. Eff. Much worse than Friends-Lovers plot. XDD
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment