Friday 23 August 2013

Feral Sins: Review

BOOK NAME:  Feral Sins (Phoenix Pack #1)
AUTHOR: Suzanne Wright
RELEASE DATE:  March 4, 2012
MAIN CHARACTERS:  Trey Coleman, Taryn Warner
GENRE:  PNR, Erotica, Shapeshifters
 RATING:    ★★★★★ stars

BLURB:  

If your inner wolf and your body react rather enthusiastically to a psychotic Alpha male who’s own wolf has a tendency to turn feral, it can’t be a good thing, can it? Entering into a bargain with him wouldn’t be good either. Unfortunately, Taryn Warner, a latent wolf shifter, doesn’t have many options open to her right now. Okay, she has no options. Basically it comes down to whether she’ll do what it takes to escape the arranged mating with the sick SOB that her father set up. As the answer in this case is yes, it looks as though she’ll have to agree to Trey Coleman’s deal…she’ll have to mate with him instead. Having always disliked shifter politics, Trey Coleman hadn’t bothered trying to form alliances with other packs. Now that his uncle – a wolf with many alliances – means to take Trey’s territory and his pack, he has no option but to form some alliances of his own very quickly or he’ll be easily outnumbered in the upcoming battle. He figures that the easiest way to do that would be to mate with a female who’s Alpha is powerful and influential. There’s only one problem with that – he would then be stuck with her, and the last thing Trey wants is a mate. When he hears of Taryn’s situation, he offers her a deal – if she falsely claims he’s her true mate and allows him to claim her, he’ll save her from her arranged mating and then let her leave after the battle with his uncle is over.

Sounds like a pretty straightforward deal...but soon Taryn and Trey realize they got more than they bargained for. Their mating instincts to protect and possess are weighing on them, they crave each other’s touch and company, and their inner wolves don’t like it whenever they’re apart. Add in that they’ll have to deal with this for an entire three months until the day of the battle finally arrives, and they’ve got themselves a recipe for disaster – or maybe for something quite the opposite.

Warning: This novel contains an extremely sarcastic Alpha female, a broody possessive Alpha male, bitter in-laws, voyeuristic enforcers, a whole lot of dirty talk, and steamy bedroom battles for dominance. Reader Advisory: This book also contains a graphic ménage scene - not for the faint-hearted.



THE STORY 

Taryn (h) woke up in a strange bed and find out later on that she was being kidnapped. Turns out to be none other than the rumored-psychotic-alpha of Phoenix Pack. Trey Coleman wants to use Taryn as a leverage or he mildly puts it (bargain) with her to get her father's support and allies because of his impending fight with his uncle. He hopes to have it in a smooth and easy way but that's where he's mistaken. He's in for a BIG BIG surprise. He's met his match as last and that's when their wonderful, orgasmic, sarcastic, sexy, hot, steamy ride to HEA began. x


 TREY COLEMAN

OMFG. I don't even know where or how to begin to describe him. Words just aren't enough. You might want to rip my heart out to see for yourself. LOL. He's such an intense, ALPHA-all-the way, possessive, domineering, HOT HOT HOT and sexy as sin werewolf shifter. It's as if every word that comes out of his mouth is all about sex and making a girl (like me!) orgasm. (forgave me for the word! :P) I am totally over, under, beside, all around him. Haha. And oh my, he is such a sweetie (in his own way and time) ~
I LOVE HIM. He makes my previous fave heroes fades into oblivion. Haha. HE TOPS it with cherry on top. x

 "You’re all there is for me, Taryn. I’m broken baby. You know that. Before you… it was like those bits of me were just scattered all over the place. I’ve never felt whole. Not until you. You hold those pieces together. It’s not an exaggeration when I say you hold my sanity in your hands. Without you, I’d fall apart." 


TARYN WARNER

Darn. I super love this heroine. Sarcastic, sassy, witty, and doesn't take shit from anyone. Waa. She's perfect. Beautiful and deadly even. She's the one heroine I can't forget.

"Taryn," he drawled in an impatient tone, "I am your mate- "
And I'm stubborn, if you want absolute obedience, get a Labrador."

 
REVIEW:

I really really really love shifter books esp. werewolf shifters. They're so totally hot and very different. So every time someone recommended me a good read in this genre, I always see to it asap. The fact that this book was a werewolf shifter one makes its a sure read (as I will be reading it ASAP). The question is, will it hold my attention? The answer came right straight upon finishing chapter 1. HELL YES. This book will and definitely HOLD all of me. 
WOW. WOW. WOW. It surpassed all my expectations with vanilla-chocolate-on top. I love everything about this book. As in E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. From the characters, plot, scenes, convo and esp. the banter of H/h. This book absolutely blew my mind.
From the first chap up to the last, I got hooked. I did not even so much as to blink an eye while reading this. Ghaad. It's perfect, in every imaginable way. Maybe I'm a lil biased because of my PNR-Shifter addiction but one thing I can say- definitely worth the eye bags.  (if you know what I mean coz you can't fuckin' put this book down) Haha. Certainly, that was what happen to me. I was glued to my e-reader the whole effin' day. Devouring it page by effin' page. Hoping it will never end.  And salivating to my heart's content on Trey.  (sounds ew but it's true)  I just can't help it. Trey makes me feel things I am not supposed to feel (chos!) But honestly, this one TOPS my list of favorite PNR books (100x).
PLOT -fuckin' perfect, DROOL-worthy hero, SASSY heroine,  STEAMY hot sex scenes, GRIN-tastic side characters, and DELICIOUS lines and convo's. x


MEMORABLE LINES:

All he lines, convo in the book are awesome. I can quote it all but then, it will never end. Haha. So I pick up some that made me laugh and giddy. x

"Just give me a second. Attempting to give a fuck. Attempting harder to give a fuck... Sorry, there was an error; fuck not given." 
- Taryn 

"Would you like to slip into something more comfortable though? Perhaps a coma?"
- Taryn

"You just don't get it, do you? You have no idea how important you are to me. I need you to be okay, Taryn. I can't be without you, you have to be here and okay or I won't be able to fucking function."
- Trey


BONUS/SPOILER:
  
The ORGY scene? Awesome to the highest level. Left me panting and melting. Haha. I am not a fan of menage let alone an orgy of some sort but in this book? I am TOTALLY and UTTERLY consumed by it. It was just soo HOT and SWEET at the same time. Many are not fond of it and somehow just forget or omit this part of the book, but not for me. It is one of the highlights in their sex-scenes and I LOVE it. x


BOTTOM LINE: 

A. MUST. READ. Because of this book I became an instant SUZ WRIGHT fanatic. Love to read more of her works! And if you're looking for a sexy-steamy-shifter romance read, this book is definitely for you.  GUARANTEED. x

0 comments:

Post a Comment